Composition: 1 vial LUPEX® contains 5 mg or 10 mg Peptide M, a low molecular short chain synthetic peptide. It is a ubiquitous peptide present in different human and animal tissues. In a low quantity it is also found in the thymus gland.
Range of Application: Lupus erythematosus, multiple sclerosis, retrobulbar neuritis, uveitis, various autoimmune diseases, rheumatoid arthritis. Adenocarcinoma, bone metastasis by mamma-carcinomas, micro cell bronchial carcinomas, prostate carcinomas and metastasis, Kaposi's sarcoma.
Contraindication: Not known
Side Effects: Vomiting could occur if the injection is given on an empty stomach. Flush and/or dry mouth could occur also (immediately disappears after drinking some water).
Dosage: 5 mg s.c daily, five times a week or 2 to 3 times a day up to a maximum total daily amount of 40 mg depending on the severity of the disease and each individual. long-term treatment: At first two injections weekly and then one for 1 or 2 years.
Administration: Dissolve LUPEX® 5 mg or 10 mg in 2 ml aqua ad iniectabilia or physiological saline, s.c. application with a very thin needle. 20 mg, resp. 40 mg, are to be dissolved in 4 ml aqua ad iniectabilia or physiological saline. Injections should be given while the patient is lying down and they should rest for at least 15 minutes after the injection.
Storage: Store in a dry place, not over 25 °C. The prepared injection solution should be used within 3 hours.
Warning: Peptid M research has not been concluded yet. The manufacturer is obliged to observe and report side effects which occur during treatment with LUPEX®. Please report your observations. We are thankful for your contribution.
Package: 1 original package: 10 injection vials à 5 mg or 10 mg lyophilised Peptide M and 10 ampoules solvent. Clinical package: 100 vials à 5 mg or 10 mg lyophilised Peptide M.
- 2nd european congress of pharmacology - Peptide-M (PDF)
- 2nd int. congress on autoimmunity - Peptide-M (PDF)
- advnces in systems Peptide-M - MET-Enkephalin Immunotherapy (PDF)
- clinical neuroscience - ideggyogyaszati szemle (PDF)
- efects of Peptide-M (Lupex) on the immune response (PDF)
- effects of Peptide-M (Lupex) on clinical findings (PDF)
- effects of Peptide-M-Therapy on aquired immunity in multiple sclerosis (PDF)
- int. Symposium ocular immunology and inflammation - Peptid-M (PDF)
- int. journal of Thymology - Peptide-M (PDF)
- model of MET-enkephalin included bone marrow cell (PDF)
- ocular immunology an inflammation - Peptid-M (PDF)
- Peptide-M (Lupex) immunotherapy in multiple sclerosis (PDF)
- Peptid-M (Lupex) effects on the immune response (PDF)
- 1st Conference on signal transduction - Peptide-D (PDF)
- IFCC-WorldLap99 Firenze Peptide-D (PDF)
- Preiodicum Biologorum - Peptide-D (PDF)